Pace to Present Keynote at Student Management Educational Forum
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Posted by: Lori Everhart
Marissa S. Pace, MBA, Director of Human Resources, Daemen College will present the keynote address You Were Born When? at the Student Management Educational Forum September 14-15 at Daemen College in Amherst, NY.
Following is the session description:
Employers now encompass multi-generational employees like never before! The gap may be getting larger as employees are remaining in the workforce longer due to high health care costs in retirement. It is not uncommon to report to or be mentored by someone that is younger than you. How can we live and work in the same areas and have such a divide in our perceptions of work and how it should get done? Higher education institutions are producing leaders of tomorrow, so we should be leading this trend also. If this divide is not bridged sooner than later, then turnover will distract us from our goals and the costs will not allow us to sustain ourselves.
- Gain a better understanding of generational expectations and overcoming stereotypes
- Understand communication and work styles of the various generations
- Successfully manage and retain your talent no matter what age
In addition to the keynote address, module topics include:
- Train Like a Teacher, Hire Like a Recruiter: Best Practices for Recruiting, Hiring, and Developing Student Workers
- Onboarding Student Workers and How To Build an Effective Team
- Interns: Recruiting, Hiring and then What?
Learn more and register here.