Advance your career with the ACCED-I Career Center, the premiere source for connecting professionals with positions in collegiate conference and events management.
Check out what internship opportunities are available for students.
ACCED-I members can post open positions for interns for only $50 ($150 for nonmembers) on the Career Center. Simply create an account by clicking on the Employers link on the top of the page. Then select Post a Job. Click here for the internship posting promo code.
Need help building your resume to land that job? Register as a job seeker at the ACCED-I Career Center and you will have the option to request a free, confidential CV/resume evaluation from an expert and writer to get sound advice from professionals on how to build your resume. You can participate in this feature when uploading a CV/resume to ACCED-I Career Center and through the CV/Resume Management section of your job seeker account. Within 48 hours of opt-in, an email will be sent to you outlining your strengths, weaknesses and suggestions to ensure you have the best chance of getting interviewed!
Tips on the Perfect Resume
Annual Conference - ACCED-I Annual Conferences attract hundreds of collegiate conference and events professionals from around the world. Connect with experienced professionals to gain wisdom and insights into our field. Engage in educational sessions and roundtable discussions to learn about the ins and outs of Collegiate Conference and Events.
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Conversations - Roundtable discussions by phone on a "hot" topic of general interest in the collegiate conference and events industry.
Regional Events - ACCED-I is divided into five geographic regions which allows for networking events nearer to you.
Educational Forums - ACCED-I Educational Forums are 1 1/2 days of engaging educational modules and networking opportunities giving attendees an in-depth look at various topics important to collegiate conference and events professionals.
Applications, Interviews, and Offers, Oh My!
Finding the "Right" Job
- Pathways to the Profession - Collegiate conferences and events provide many different career opportunities, each one contributing to the campus event planning team. Find information on the many dynamic areas of growth in our industry.
- 10 Ways to Find Your Career Path
- Gallup StrengthsFinder – Take this 30 minute assessment to discover your Top 5 Talent Themes. Review the Strengths tools to learn more about applying these talents to a career.
- Learn more here about the benefits of strengths-based focus in your career here
- Read more here about what to consider in regards to your talents and how to best search for a full-time job post-college here
- HumanMetrix – This quick and free 64 question survey can help you find the best career geared toward your personality, and learn more about how you can further develop your skills.
- 10 Best Practices for a Higher Education Job Search
Advice on negotiating job offers