It's Dictionary Day! Learn Some ACCED-I Words
Monday, October 16, 2017
Did you know that today is National Dictionary Day?
We thought we would help you out with some ACCED-I jargon:
mim-brrr | noun
1. A valued individual or institution that makes up ACCED-I. Comprised of conference and event professionals on college and university campuses around the world, an ACCED-I member contributes to the association in many ways including participating in events, networking with other members and volunteering.
Community of Practice
com-youn-it-e of prak-tis | noun
1. An online interactive discussion forum for ACCED-I members. Members can post questions, contribute to discussions and ask for advice on this communication and networking tool.
ed-you-ka-shun-al for-um | noun
1. An in-depth opportunity to delve into topics important to collegiate conference and events professionals This 1 1/2 day educational opportunity allows attendees to network and learn.
2. Topics include: Customer Service, Conference & Event Logistics and Contracts and Negotiations
ann-u-l con-fur-ence | noun
1. The largest gathering of collegiate conference and event professionals. Held each spring, the Annual Conference is not to be missed!
2. Includes educational sessions, networking opportunities, and expo.
p-to-p or peer-to-peer | noun
1. A roundtable discussion via phone at the comfort of your own desk on a variety of topics throughout the year.
ska-lar-ship | noun
1. The chance to attend the ACCED-I Annual Conference with the registration fee covered.
c-c-e-p cert-if-a-k-shun | noun
1. Collegiate Conference and Events Professional
2. The goal of the CCEP is to provide professionals who work in collegiate conference and event management with a certification program that encourages expanded knowledge through individual inquiry, participation in the profession and the Association.
One-Stop Shop Certification
one-stop-shop cert-if-a-k-shun | noun
1. One-Stop Shop Certification is the industry’s premier resource for defining and identifying conforming campus venues. A certified one-stop shop operation provides the most effective planning atmosphere to successfully stage a collegiate conference or event. Certification assures all parties offer one contact, one contract and one bill.
If you need assistant with any other words in the ACCED-I language, please feel free to contact us.