ACCED-I Seeking Educational Forum Proposals
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
ACCED-I is currently seeking program proposals for upcoming Educational Forums. ACCED-I Educational Forums bring together collegiate conference and events professionals for 1 1/2 days of engaging educational modules and networking opportunities. Attendees will get an in-depth look at various topics important to collegiate conference and events professional.
Proposals Due May 15, 2017
Educational Forums are comprised of 90 minute modules (sessions) related to the forum's overall topic. Modules must be mid-advanced level. Presenters are encouraged to include group activities, projects, etc. as a portion of the presentation.
- Student Management - September 14-15, 2017 at Daemen College in Amherst, NY
Module topics may include but are not limited to: hiring, training and development, retention, etc.
- Liability and Risk Management - October 12-13, 2017 at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA
Module topics may include but are not limited to: youth on campus, insurance requirements, emergency plans, etc.
- Customer Service - November 2-3, 2017 at Loyola University Chicago in Chicago, IL
Module topics may include but are not limited to: effective communication, complaint resolution, managing customer expectations, etc.
- Conference and Events Logistics - November 16-17, 2017 at American University in Washington D.C.
Module topics may include but are not limited to: event execution, food and beverage, technology, scheduling, etc.
- Contracts and Negotiations - December 7-8, 2017 at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN
Module topics may include but are not limited to: negotiation skills, legal issues, clauses, etc.
The ACCED-I Education Action Team reviews and selects programs that demonstrate the greatest potential for contributing to the quality of the Educational Forums. The team looks for presentations that represent the various roles of the collegiate conference and events profession and are dedicated to the development of a program that is of interest to mid to advanced level professionals. Over 40% of ACCED-I attendees have more than 10 years of experience in the industry. Individuals submitting proposals will be notified about the status of their proposals by June 30, 2017.
All submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall quality
- Relevance to the collegiate conference & events profession and forum topic
- Timeliness of topic
- Audience appeal
- Well-defined focus of presentation
- Application of the material
- Professional background and speaking experience of presenter(s)
We expect our educational sessions and presenters to share knowledge, research and experiences. Sessions are NOT an opportunity to promote specific products or services.
If proposal is accepted, presenter will be required to present information twice. In addition, presenter will take part in the final presenter panel session.
Accepted presentations will receive one complimentary registration to that Educational Forum.
Click here to submit a proposal