There are numerous opportunities available within your region to get involved. Each area will work closely with the regional leadership to accomplish a variety of tasks and better serve the membership.
Click on the links below to learn more, or scroll down the page.
Awards | Communications | Drive-Ins & Networking Events
Elections | Scholarship | Outreach & Recruitment | Sponsorship
Regional Awards Committee
Promote professional achievement award opportunities available through ACCED-I.
- Tap potential nominees
- Scan through regional news and social media find outstanding events and/or accomplishments and encourage nomination
- Coordinate with ACCED-I Headquarters throughout the nomination process to ensure that nominations are being made
Year-round with emphasis from November to December.
Regional Communications Committee
Develop and maintain a calendar of regional events and collaborate with ACCED-I Headquarters to publish regional news to social media outlets, regional website, ACCED-I Connect, region newsletters, and non-members.
- Develop a timeline for posting key content on social media outlets
- Work closely with all other volunteer teams to keep the region up-to-date on any news or events
- Reach out to region for news and happenings
- In conjunction with ACCED-I staff, maintain and monitor all regional social media accounts
- Create and distribute a regional newsletter
Regional Drive-Ins & Networking Events Committee
Coordinate locations and logistics for events and ensure events have a well-rounded focus on both conferencing and events.
- Confirm all events have a well-rounded focus on both conferencing and events
- Submit appropriate forms to HQ for approval
- Work with the Regional Social Media/Regional Calendar Coordinator to publicize opportunities
- Collaborate with Outreach & Recruitment Committee to organize recruitment efforts at events
- Update Regional Director and Regional Director-Elect on developments outside of committee meetings they chair
- If needed, committee members should be willing and able to host at their institution
Regional Elections Committee
Actively solicit new leadership nominations and be a liaison between potential new leaders and ACCED-I Headquarters.
- Communicate with region via social media and email to tap potential candidates
- Reach out to specific people and invite them to run, offer to submit nomination, etc.
- In conjunction with ACCED-I Headquarters, announce election winners to Region
Year-round with emphasis from September to November.
Regional Scholarship Committee
Promote regional scholarship opportunities and participate in the decision process.
- Communicate with the region via social media and phone calls to encourage applicants
- Encourage all new members to apply for scholarships
- Decide regional scholarship recipient and notify applicants and HQ
Annual Conference Scholarships: October – November
Educational Forum Scholarships: June – July
Regional Outreach & Recruitment Committee
Work with ACCED-I Director of Membership to achieve membership recruitment and retention goals.
- Compile a list of institutions in region who are not ACCED-I members
- Reach out to non-member institutions to share information about ACCED-I
- Reach out to lapsed members
- Welcome new members
Regional Sponsorship Committee
Cultivate relationships with vendors and businesses who may be interested in ACCED-I Corporate Membership and sponsorships for the Annual Conference, Drive-In’s, and other regional events.
- Compile a list of industry vendors with contact information
- If appropriate, reach out to vendors and share info about ACCED-I to gauge interest in involvement.
- Send vendor information to ACCED-I Director of Membership for follow-up
- Help oversee sponsorship details for events
- Monitor and confirm with ACCED-I Headquarters that sponsors are following guidelines