To ensure the continued development and growth of the Association, the ACCED-I Board of Directors met in Fort Collins, Colorado on October 2 and 3, 2015 to develop a strategic plan for ACCED-I. Building on the Advancing ACCED-I initiative and with a strong future in mind, goals and objectives were developed. To provide data for strategic decision-making, highlights from the following pre-retreat research were presented to the participants:
The focus of the retreat was to engage in strategic thinking, laying the ground work for prioritizing strategic focus and goals. Discussion surrounded the following topics:
- Advancing ACCED-I Review
- ACCED-I Membership Survey
- ACCED-I Board member interviews
Strategic Focus Areas
After deliberation, the board established four areas of strategic focus moving forward (in order of importance):
1. Strategic Focus Area: Education Plan
Be the leader in providing year-round multi-platform educational offerings on topics of industry relevance.
- Guiding principles
- ACCED-I strategic lens (Mission/Vision)
- Background work - review and discussion of all pre-retreat research
- “What’s next” discussion
- Establish objectives, timelines and accountability
- Guidelines for execution
2. Strategic Focus Area: Enhanced Services
Create quality, real-time and customizable resources and services to enhance the member experience.
- Define educational offerings
- Create an integrated educational plan
- Redesign CCEP to create an official certification program, similar to other industry certifications (e.g. CMP, CSEP)
3. Strategic Focus area: Strategic Partnerships
Develop strategic partnerships to advance visibility, prominence, and enhance membership value.
- Determine which member services to consider
- Develop a technology plan to enhance the user experience
4. Strategic Focus Area: Governance Review
Establish an effective leadership model with clearly defined roles and expectations.
- Identify and establish reciprocal relationships with allied organizations for information sharing
- Evaluate and refine all current leadership roles and responsibilities